Do you want to start a business in 2022 and wandering if you have all the necessary tools and resources. Here are the prerequisite business checklist every start-up must have for a successful take off.
A catchy name. is highly desired and is sometimes outsourced. But as the business owner, you should have ideas for what you want. As long as it is not a copy of other brands or already used, then you can pen this down. Don’t worry, if you don’t have a name yet, just have some idea written on paper while you work on the others checklist
- This will depend on your country legal requirement, so you should follow it. Get professional help as needed to ensure compliance with your country. For example, a business owners will register with the Corporate Affairs Commission. Therefor, as a Start-up in 2022, you need to register your business legally to remove it from these business checklist.
Product and Services
- Create sample products, supplies and inventory list
- Create pricing list
- Designate workplace or space.
Research your target audience and focus on how you will provide a service or product to them. The success of your business will depend on how satisfied your customers are and if they will help you build a reputation for the future. For example the simplistic but realistic focus is to either sell luxury expensive items to few for high earnings or sell standard everyday products at lower price but to a large group of people. So decide early on Quality or Quantity and follow through. Don’t try to make huge profit from the beginning, but focus on building trustworthy clients that trust your and your brand. Then you are making good progress on your Business Checklist for 2022.
Planning your Business
- Create a Business Plan. You can hire a professional or DIY if you have the skills. But make sure you understand the goals and objectives of the business.
- Set realistic goals
- Research Supplies, Products or Services
- Estimate Start-up cost for the first 5-10 years
- Research your competition and related industry
- Research pricing for the goods and services
- Choose Brand colors
- Design Logos
- Choose Tagline
- Create customized Business cards and
- Create other accessories such as packaging boxes and bags
Marketing your Products and Services
- Buy domain name for online presence
- Create website
- Create business email
- Set up social media accounts
- Create mail list
- Create email signature
- Get professional photographs and images of products
- Schedule advertisement and medium such as online or offline ads, this will depend on your budget so try not to do all at once
- Create business account number for official transactions
- List and contact your source(s) of funding
- If you have a physical shop, you may need to set up a Order Management System or POS System